CITIZEN Group's Environmental Initiatives
The Citizen Group has promoted a global environmental management toward the realization of a sustainable civil society. In December 2019, we amended the CITIZEN Group Environmental Policy, which is the basis for the Group's environmental initiatives. In addition, in April 2020, in order to commit to decarbonization by reducing CO2 emissions to substantively zero and to sustainable resource use, we amended the CITIZEN Group Environmental Vision 2050, formulated a new CITIZEN Group Resource Circulating Vision and reviewed the CITIZEN Group Environmental Goals 2030.Based on these visions and goals, we will continue to make further progress in our environmental initiatives.
CITIZEN Group Environmental Vision 2050
The CITIZEN Group promotes global environmental activities toward the realization of a sustainable civil society.
- We contribute to the realization of a carbon-free society by both aiming to achieve CO2 zero-emissions substantively from plants and offices and striving to keep CO2 emissions throughout the value chain to levels that make it possible to constrain global warning.
- Throughout the Group, we contribute to realization of a circulating society by using resources sustainably through resource conservation, 3R activities, zero waste emissions, and preservation of water resources.
- We contribute to realization of a safe, comfortable, and enriched society through preservation of biodiversity together with our local communities and by operating business sites that are free from emissions of hazardous substances and environmental incidents.
Amended in April 2020
CITIZEN Group Resource Circulating Vision
Long-Term Vision for 2050
Recognizing the importance of resource circulating to not only the prevention of resource depletion but also the reduction of greenhouse gases throughout the value chain as a means of countering climate change, the CITIZEN Group will contribute to the development of a circular economy and the realization of a circulating society by promoting the sustainable use of resources through resource conservation, 3R activities, zero waste emissions, and preservation of water resources.
Mid-Term Priority Measures for the Period through 2030
- Promoting the use of sustainable resources through resource conservation activities, such as reducing raw material use, using sustainable packaging and containers, switching to use of digital user manuals and product catalogs, use of paper with forest certification and recycled paper, lessening the environmental impact of shipping and packaging materials, and reducing paper use at plants and offices and 3R initiatives.
- Contributing to prevention of ocean pollution from plastics and of global warming by reducing plastic waste emitted from business sites and reducing single-use plastic containers and packaging
- Contributing to sustainable use of water resources by reducing water use and withdrawal in business activities through means, such as water recycling and reducing water use in cleaning
Established in April 2020
CITIZEN Group Environmental Goals 2030
We will contribute to the realization of a carbon-free society, a resource-circulating society, and a safe, comfortable, and enriched society through promotion of global environmental management aiming at achievement of the SDGs.
- Promoting countermeasures against global warming (resource conservation, sifting to renewable energy, adaptation to climate change)
Greenhouse gas emissions:
Scopes 1 and 2 : 30% reduction (vs. 2018)
Scope 3 : 15% reduction (vs. 2018)
Renewable energy ratio: 30% (Japan)
- Promoting sustainable use of resources (resource conservation, 3R, preservation of water resources)
Resource recycling rate:90%
Water use: 35% reduction (vs. 2018)
- Enhancing environmental risk management, continuing to maintain a level of zero environmental incidents, PRTR Act-subject chemical substances: 45% reduction (vs. 2018)
- Implementing nature conservation activities and community environmental activities at all business sites
- Providing sustainable products, Enhancing control of chemical substances in products
Revised in April 2020