Thorough Permeation of the CITIZEN Group Code of Conduct
The CITIZEN Group Code of Conduct, which serves as a basis for the conduct of CITIZEN Group employees, was revised in October 2016. Prepared in nine languages, including English, in addition to Japanese, this Code of Conduct is distributed to all facilities around the world in order to ensure tis permeation among employees in Japan and worldwide. In addition, persons responsible for promotion of the Group Code of Conduct are assigned to facilities around the world to enable activities reflecting consideration for the conditions of each country and region, in order to ensure that the Code takes root. In FY 2019, 6,861 employees participated in an internal e-learning program for employees in Japan.
Citizen Group Code of Conduct
- Act responsibly towards society and strive to raise the corporate value of the CITIZEN Group.
- Create and promote products and services that demonstrate our commitment to safety, quality, and the environment.
- Engage in business practices that are fair, transparent, open to competition, and responsible.
- Respect human rights and diversity, and provide a safe and pleasant working environment.
- Recognize the importance of environmental conservation, and take voluntary and proactive measures.
- Manage and protect company assets in an appropriate manner.
- Abstain from actions that would harm the company’s long-lasting values.
- Strive to contribute to regional communities in which we operate.
Permeation Activities for the CITIZEN Group Quality Code of Conduct
The CITIZEN Group long has strived to realize thorough compliance through practicing business activities in accordance with the CITIZEN Group Code of Conduct, which extends beyond mere legal and regulatory compliance. In FY 2018, we established the CITIZEN Group Quality Code of Conduct to document matters, such as our manufacturing concepts and values based on our corporate philosophy “Loved by citizens, working for citizens,” in order to retain in the heart of each and every employee the importance of thorough compliance. This new Quality Code of Conduct establishes matters, such as compliance with quality-related laws, regulations, and contracts; information sharing in cooperation with stakeholders; and clear identification of quality-related functions in each section. To fulfill our responsibilities as a manufacturer, we are striving to ensure its thorough permeation throughout the entire CITIZEN Group.
In FY 2019, we surveyed the state of quality compliance and held training on related themes for a total of 162 section heads and new employees at business supervising companies as part of our activities intended to ensure permeation of the CITIZEN Group Quality Code of Conduct. We are also carrying out activities to ensure thorough awareness of the Code of Conduct among all Group employees through posters, posting information on the intranet, and special features in internal bulletins. At overseas facilities, staff reading session of and survey to section heads regarding the CITIZEN Group Quality Code of Conduct were held. Since FY 2019, the permeation of the Code has also been introduced as a theme in training for newly appointed officers and newly hired employees.