Handling of Personal Information
We, Citizen Watch Co., Ltd. ("Citizen") will post the handling of personal information acquired in connection with our business activities as follows.
Click here for Citizen's Personal Information Protection Policy.
1) Please refer to the website of relevant services for the handling of personal information concerning the services listed below.
2) The handling of personal information regarding services other than the above 1) is as follows.
1. Purpose(s) of the utilization of personal information
The purpose of using personal information in our business activities (Click here to learn more about our operations.) is as follows. Meanwhile, personal information regarding officers and employees of our company will be notified, disclosed or clearly indicated to those concerned separately from this announcement.
Personal information of our customers
- To provide and ship products and services
- To provide information on products and services (including catalogs and other materials)
- To issue warranties for products and services, and to respond to, confirm, and record after-sales service such as repair, support, and maintenance
- To provide information on campaigns and events, and to send products to winners and participants
- To provide information such as questionnaire surveys and monitor surveys, and to send gifts and monitored articles
- For conducting, tabulating, and analyzing questionnaires/monitoring surveys, and preparing/analyzing statistical materials, as well as data collection/analysis for use in product development and marketing activities;
- To properly response to, confirm, and record inquiries or consultation;
Personal information of officers and employees of business associates
- For necessary business contacts, business negotiations or meetings, and related procedures;
- For information management of business associates and transaction details;
- For access control and safety control of facilities in our company;
- For fulfillment of contract, etc.;
Personal information relating to shareholders
- For the exercise of rights or fulfillment of obligations under the Companies Act and other laws and regulations;
- For management based on laws and regulations;
- For other communications;
Personal information about job applicants, internship applicants, and retirees
- For the implementation and management of work related to recruitment and internship;
- To provide or contact recruitment information, etc., for recruitment applicants and internship applicants;
- In order to respond to labor-related laws and regulations concerning retirees and to communicate as necessary;
If it is deemed that the purpose of use is clear from the situation of acquisition, notification on the purpose of use may be omitted.
Please note that information obtained through the products and services of our company (including our website / apps.) may be used in conjunction with personal information already retained by our company. In that case, we will also manage personal information and related information in accordance with our Personal Information Protection Policy.
2. Purpose of use of retained personal data
The purpose of using the retained personal data is the same as the description of "1. Purpose of use of retained personal data" above.
3. Joint use of personal data
When we use personal data jointly with a specific person/persons, we will notify the relevant individual of this fact and the items of the personal data to be used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the person/persons who use(s) the personal data, and the name of the person responsible for the management of the personal data, or put it in a readily accessible condition for the relevant individual.
4. Request for disclosure, amendment, deletion or discontinuance of usage of retained personal data
Please refer to the "8. Procedure for disclosure, amendment, and deletion etc. of retained personal data" of Citizen's Personal Information Protection Policy provided in the link below for the procedure for requesting for disclosure, amendment, deletion or discontinuance of usage of retained personal data.
"8. Procedure for disclosure, amendment, and deletion etc. of retained personal data" of Citizen's Personal Information Protection Policy
If you have any questions regarding your personal information, please contact the personal information inquiry desk of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd via the link below.
"9. Inquiries" of Citizen's Personal Information Protection Policy
6. Anonymously processed information
When preparing anonymously processed information, we will process the personal information in accordance with standards prescribed by rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary to make it impossible to identify a specific individual and to restore the personal information used in the process.
When preparing anonymously processed information, we will take measures for the secure management of such information in accordance with the standards prescribed by the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
When we have prepared anonymously processed information, we will publicly announce the items of information relating to the individual concerned as contained in the anonymously processed information in accordance with rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission.
7. Website management
- We have implemented appropriate system and operational security measures, such as a server management system and access restrictions, to ensure the safe management of personal information when operating our company websites.
- When we ask each individual to provide personal information via our company website, we use communication encryption technology such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to protect his/her personal information.
- Our company website uses Google Analytics. For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit the webpages of Google Corp.
HOW GOOGLE USES INFORMATION FROM SITES OR APPS THAT USE OUR SERVICES
8. Cookies, etc.
- Cookies and other similar technologies ("Cookies, etc.".) are available on our company website in some cases.
We may use information obtained through cookies, etc. for the following purposes. Cookies themselves do not contain any personal identification information.
- ① To ensure that the next time our customers visit our company website, they will be able to view it as a continuation of their previous visits without having to repeatedly enter the same information.
- ② In order to improve services by statistically analyzing the usage of our company website, and to distribute advertisements that match the usage of our company website without including information identifying individual customers.
- ③ If you have registered your personal information for our services for its members, we may associate it with information retained by our company that identifies you. In that case, we will also manage the information obtained by cookies, etc. associated with personal information as such information in accordance with our Personal Information Protection Policy.
- By changing the settings of your web browser, you can refuse to receive cookies, etc., and display a warning if you receive cookies, etc. In that case, however, some services may not be available.
9. Access Log
- As our company website obtains and records the IP address and access information of the customer, we can obtain usage information of the pages etc. visited by the customer ("Access Log").
We may use Access Log to:
- ① To improve services by statistically analyzing the usage of our company website without including information identifying individual customers.
- ② To determine and solve the cause of problems with our company web servers.
- ③ If you have registered your personal information for our services for its members, we may associate it with information retained by our company that identifies you. In that case, the Access Log associated with personal information will also be managed as personal information in accordance with our Personal Information Protection Policy.
We may make changes to this Personal Information Protection Policy without notice in order to achieve better management or to comply with revisions to relevant laws and regulations.
In such cases, we will publish this Personal Information Protection Policy after revision without delay, and after publication, we will handle personal information on the basis of the revised Personal Information Protection Policy. However, in the case of content changes that require the consent of the individual under laws and regulations, the consent of the individual is requested by the method prescribed by our company.
Date of establishment: January 14, 2020
Date of last revision: April 15, 2020