CITIZEN Group Environmental Initiatives
In April 2013, we revised the CITIZEN Group Environmental Policy and established the CITIZEN Group Medium-Term Environmental Plan 2018 based on this policy. Our purpose was to promote environmental action from a global perspective and further strengthen Group environmental management.
To reinforce environmental governance and conduct environmental activities in a more efficient and effective manner, in October 2014 we transitioned to consolidated Group certification under ISO 14001, thereby putting in place a single system for the entire Group. With this new Group environmental management system, the Group is joining its forces to “Environmentally friendly approach to improving brand value,” “help to prevent global warming and achieve a recycling-oriented society,” and “respond to global environmental laws and regulations.” We have expanded our initiatives to overseas group companies since 2016.
CITIZEN Group Environmental Policy
Based on our philosophy of "Loved by citizens, working for citizens." through business activities that take into consideration people around the world and the global environment, we contribute to a citizen-based sustainable society in which people can enjoy life with a sense of security and fulfillment.
2.Environmental action guidelines
The CITIZEN Group undertakes concerted Group-wide global environmental preservation measures as a global companyto contribute to realization ofthe development of a sustainable society.
- Endeavor to preserve the global environment by undertaking environmentally friendly manufacturing and providing environmentally conscious products and services to consumers.
- Comply with all environmental laws, regulations, ordinances, rules, agreements, and other requirements and work to reduce environmental impact and prevent pollution.
- Reduce energy consumption, conduct resource saving and recycling and proper chemical management at all plants and offices, and contribute to the prevention of global warming and the creation of a recycling-oriented society.
- Cooperate with suppliers and other business partners to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, effectively useresources, and reinforce management of chemical substances in products.
- Enhance communication and harmony with communities through participation in community-based environmental and biodiversity preservation programs and proactive disclosure of information relating to environmental initiatives.
- Distribute documents and take other measures to ensure that all employees and others who work with the Group are familiar with this policy.
We set environmental objectives and targets in accordance with this policy, work steadily towards those objectives and targets, assess and review them, and make continual improvements.
CITIZEN Group Medium-Term Environmental Plan 2018 (excerpt)
The CITIZEN Group’s Action Guidelines for Biodiversity
The CITIZEN Group realizes that its business activities benefit from ecosystem services and at the same time have an impact on ecosystems themselves. In order to contribute to a civil society where people can live an enriched and secure lifestyle in harmony with nature, the entire Group engages in activities to protect biodiversity.
- Display affection toward nature and provide attractive, environmentally friendly products that evoke the feeling of peacefully coexisting with nature.
- Promote greening activities on our premises in consideration of biodiversity.
- Actively disclose information on our environmental initiatives and work to deepen communication with society regarding biodiversity.
- Promote environmental and biodiversity conservation activities within local communities.
- Implement educational activities on ecosystem services for all our employees in an effort to deepen their understanding toward biodiversity conservation.
Formulated in April 2015