Ensuring thorough comprehension of the “Citizen Group Code of Conduct”
In October 2016, the “Citizen Group Code of Conduct,” the authoritative guide to employee behavior, was revised. In the first year, employees in Japan were thoroughly informed of the revised Code. Following this in 2017, the Code of Conduct was translated into nine languages including English and distributed foreign bases along with a video message from the President of the company about the importance of the Code of Conduct.
A total of 98 briefings were held at 56 bases in Japan and around the world, with participation by 7,357 staff in total. Furthermore, a person in charge of promoting the Code of Conduct was allocated to each base to formulate an action plan appropriate to the respective national and local situation and develop activities to embed the Code of Conduct.
Sometimes, the history of the CITIZEN Group and explanations of products are included in the briefings with the aim of leading staff to enhanced understanding and awareness of the need to comply with the Code of Conduct through deepening their knowledge of the company.
In 2018, the year of our 100th anniversary, the CITIZEN Group is revisiting its roots and working to enhance corporate value towards the next 100 years by steadily observing the Code of Conduct, which allows us to contribute to the development of a sustainable society.
Citizen Group Code of Conduct
- Act responsibly towards society and strive to raise the corporate value of the CITIZEN Group.
- Create and promote products and services that demonstrate our commitment to safety, quality, and the environment.
- Engage in business practices that are fair, transparent, open to competition, and responsible.
- Respect human rights and diversity, and provide a safe and pleasant working environment.
- Recognize the importance of environmental conservation, and take voluntary and proactive measures.
- Manage and protect company assets in an appropriate manner.
- Abstain from actions that would harm the company’s long-lasting values.
- Strive to contribute to regional communities in which we operate.